With the first snow of the season falling this week, we have begun to make a list of winter outdoor fun.
It is difficult to get motivated to be outside when the weather is cold. However, sitting at a desk all day every day stirs a great desire in us to spend any amount of time outside. Here is our list of activities to do outside this winter:
1. Ice skate at an outdoor rink. – Last year we did a lot of indoor ice skating until I fell and injured my spine. This year we will try to skate outdoors and be injury free.
2. Build a snowman. – Last year our neighbor told us that we built the world’s ugliest snowman. Perhaps this year we can build an even uglier snowman.
3. Take a walk in a local park to take pictures of the beauty of nature during the coldest months of the year.
4. Go snow tubing. – Neither of us has done this. It looks like fun.
5. Watch the bald eagles along the Mississippi River.
6. Visit the zoo to see how its residents play in the snow.
7. Decorate our house with outdoor lights.
8. Take a carriage ride with a warm blanket and hot cocoa.
9. Go sledding.
10. Find an outdoor winter festival to enjoy.